About the Awards
At Cairns Regional Council, we know that the spirit of innovation offers a competitive advantage to businesses operating within the Tropical North Queensland region and, through our Tropical North Queensland Innovation Awards (TNQIA), we continue to recognise, reward and support those who capture this spirit. The Awards:
- recognise, reward and support innovation, invention and commercialisation across the Tropical North Queensland region;
- promote a climate of pride in the region’s business community; and
- provide a platform for business promotion, collaboration and development.
Enter the 2018 Awards
Are you an entrepreneur, creative thinker or smart business who demonstrates a spirit of ingenuity and innovation? Do you have a new product, process or service? Then enter the 2018 TNQ Innovation Awards. Entries open 4pm on Monday 28 May May and close at 5pm on Wednesday 15 August 2018.
Major Award categories
- Proven Innovation Award - for innovative products, processes and/or services in post-commercialisation stage (released to market or actively in commercial use).
- Pipeline Innovation Award - for innovative products, services or processes in development stage (progressed past an idea, prototype developed, at scoping or testing phase).
In addition to the Major categories, entrants may choose to nominate their innovation for one or more of the specialty awards:
- Eco Innovation Award - for innovations that deliver specific environmental benefits.
- Indigenous Innovation Award - for innovative organisations with majority ownership/directorship by Indigenous persons.
- Social Innovation Award - for innovative new solutions to social issues to create or enhance social value.
- Young Entrepreneurs Award - for entrants aged 25 years and under (as at 15 August 2018).
Entrants may also be chosen for judging in:
- People's Choice Award - to be chosen by public vote during October 2018 (after shortlisting by the judging panel).
- Mayor's Inspire Award - for a stand-out innovation, selected by the Mayor.
Awards launch, 28 May 2018
Businesses from across the Tropical North are invited to the launch of Council's 2018 Tropical North Queensland Innovation Awards at the Tanks Arts Centre on Monday 28 May, from 4pm.
The launch will be held in conjunction with the finals of the Young Entrepreneurs Project's Big Fish Competition, with Queensland Chief Entrepreneur Steve Baxter as special guest presenter at 5:30pm.
Do you want to be part of this exciting initiative? Tailored sponsorship opportunities are available for the 2018 TNQIAs. Contact Council's Senior Events Officer to discuss TNQIA partnership options.
To find out more, contact email@example.com.