Construction and commercial works
Construction and Commercial Works are specialists in urban street and drainage construction.
- Roads, parks and drainage refurbishment, renewal and construction
- Other minor infrastructure and facilities construction.
Cairns Works, being pre-qualified for open tenders up to $3 million in value through a Road Maintenance Performance Contract, are regularly invited to quote and undertake contract work for the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Cairns Works are also an external service provider for civil projects for the private sector. Cairns Works is regularly invited to quote on these construction projects.
Postal Address: PO Box 359 Cairns Qld 4870
Street Address: 158a Martyn Street Manunda Qld 4870
Phone (07) 4044 3044 Facsimile (07) 4044 3830
There are four geographically based units responsible for the maintenance of roads, drains, and parks, as well as for the operational services associated with those assets.
- Maintenance Unit - North (North of the Barron River including the northern beaches, Redlynch and Smithfield areas) Phone (07) 4044 3966
- Maintenance Unit - Central (Central Cairns area) Phone (07) 4044 3653
- Maintenance Unit - South (South of Woree including urban areas of Edmonton and the townships of Gordonvale, Babinda and Mirriwinni) Phone (07) 4056 1756
- Maintenance Unit - Far North (Mossman, Daintree, Port Douglas region) Phone (07) 4099 9444
Cairns Works have a local presence city-wide, with depots and precinct depots located at Stratford, Palm Cove, Trinity Beach, Manunda, Brinsmead, Edge Hill, Bungalow, Forest View, Edmonton, Gordonvale, Mossman, Port Douglas and Babinda. These appropriately sized areas each have dedicated teams assigned to efficiently provide the above services. Employees within these precincts are also local residents, encouraging “ownership” of their area. This in turn provides more efficient use of resources and improved service delivery and customer service to the residents and ratepayers of Cairns.