The Infrastructure Services Department is responsible for:
- capital works preconstruction and delivery
- infrastructure planning and specifications
- works investigations
- construction of roads
- maintenance of roads
- parks and minor works
- natural and cultural resources
- noxious plant control
- parks and reserves
- Partnership Cairns management
- facilities maintenance
- design and survey services
- disaster management
- management of Council's fleet and metal fabrication services.
The branch is made up of the following divisional branches:
Business Support - administration, financial and logistical support.
Fleet - fleet management, acquisition, maintenance and disposal and metal fabrication services.
Works - construction, roads, drainage, parks and minor works, maintenance of roads, drains, minor works, parks, street litter and public toilet cleaning.
Project Services - capital works preconstruction and delivery, infrastructure specifications.
Technical Support Services - facilities maintenance, design and survey services, systems support, disaster management.