Flood maps and data
Predictive Flood Inundation – Existing Conditions
The provided maps do not infer that a property is subject to total inundation from a defined flood event and are not fit for insurance eligibility determination purposes. These maps are also not suitable for the purpose of self-assessment as to whether a home on the property is immune to flooding and do not account for pre-existing localised drainage problems. The maps are provided below.
Flood modelling exercises have been commissioned to identify areas that are likely to be affected by a level of flood inundation in individual catchments for an extreme event defined as the 1% AEP flood event. These studies are a refinement of the Flood inundation Overlay Flood Maps used in the Local Planning Scheme. These detailed studies identified localised flooding issues (including low-lying areas and overland flow paths) and assist with strategic planning exercises to develop local flood mitigation measures to reduce the impacts of flooding within the catchment.
1% AEP Predicted Flood Inundation Maps
- Barron - Smithfield ( PDF, 0.76 MB )
- Cairns Northern Beaches ( PDF, 0.52 MB )
- CBD - North Cairns ( PDF, 0.57 MB )
- Freshwater - Stratford - Aeroglen ( PDF, 0.66 MB )
- Gordonvale - Goldsborough ( PDF, 0.32 MB )
- Inner Suburbs ( PDF, 1.36 MB )
- Portsmith - Woree Industrial ( PDF, 0.52 MB )
- Redlynch Valley ( PDF, 0.62 MB )
- White Rock - Edmonton ( PDF, 0.7 MB )
Council may be contacted for an individual property assessment. Fees and charges apply and a Flood Zone Information Request may be lodged by submitting a Land Record Search Request Form by following the below link.
Flood Zone Information Request
To request a flood search download the Land Record Search Request Form and submit to Council. Typical information provided in a Flood Zone Information search include:
- Range of ground levels;
- 1% AEP flood levels sourced from either Council or State Government resources; and
- Information to assist with determining habitable floor levels.
Payments methods currently accepted are EFTPOS, cash, credit, cheque over the counter and by cheque only externally.