Rates, fees & charges
At the Special (Budget) Meeting held on 25 June 2013, Council adopted Differential General Rates for 2013-14.
- Structure of General Rating Categories for 2013-14: ( PDF, 0.02 MB )
- Revenue Statement and Rates and Charges for 2013-14 Financial Year: ( PDF, 1.01 MB )
- Rating and Charges summary for 2013-14: ( PDF, 0.06 MB )
- Rates and Charges booklet for 2013-14: ( PDF, 0.58 MB )
Previous years' Budget documents, including Revenue Statement and Rates and Charges, can be viewed in the Publications & Reports area.
Revenue and services
Council raises the majority of its revenues from rates levied against residential and commercial properties, and spends those resources on delivering more than 200 quality services, facilities and infrastructure.
Some of the primary services include waste management, recycling, water supply, road construction and maintenance, parks and gardens, swimming pools, libraries, town and strategic planning, environmental management and sport and recreation facilities. Under the governing Local Government Act, numerous regulatory responsibilities are devolved to Council by the Queensland Government.
Council's 2013-14 Budget was handed down at a Special (Budget) Meeting on 25 June 2013. The balanced budget features a $132.5 million capital works program, a modest 3.69 per cent rise in general rates and a $3.6 million reduction in debt.
Fees and charges
- Fees and charges 2013-2014 will apply from 1 July 2013.
Council offers a variety of payment options for rates, water billing, infringements, animal registration and sundry debtors.