Community Safety Advisory Committee calling for nominations
Cairns Regional Council is calling for nominations, to join the Community Safety Advisory Committee, from individuals representing identified peak bodies, non-government (NGO) and government agencies working in crime prevention and safety promotion within the Cairns Regional Council local government area.
The Community Safety Advisory Committee meets to provide advice and recommendations to Council and Council officers to initiate strategic directions and planned approaches to systemic, endemic and emerging crime and safety related issues within the region.
To be eligible for membership of the Committee, appointees must:
• Be a nominated member of a Cairns region affiliation or association, or a governmental agency, which represents community-wide crime and safety concerns (not single issue group).
• Reside within the Cairns Regional Council local government area.
• Have strong and demonstrable community links and knowledge.
• Be able to represent the community through an understanding of issues to be addressed by the Committee.
• The nominated appointee must be committed to working in partnership with Cairns Regional Council to achieve successful and productive outcomes through the Committee.
The committee is established on a voluntary basis with up to fifteen appointees meeting bi-monthly at Cairns Regional Council, 119 – 145 Spence St. Cairns.
Committee members must act impartially and be able to represent the broader needs and aspirations of the community above the needs and aspirations of their own organisation.
If interested in being considered for selection onto the Advisory Committee, please forward your application including addressing the above eligibility criteria and include relevant skills and experience to the A/Community Safety Officer Mel Hardy email@example.com Cairns Regional Council.
Please advise in writing no later than Friday 24thAugust 2012.